Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sleepy Sunday

Today was pretty chill. Sarah and I didn't really head out until about 12:30. There was nothing in particular we needed to do, so we had just planned on wandering and trying to find classrooms, and then going to Kelvingrove park.

My day started with a half-shower.... for some reason, my flat (apartment) didn't have hot water today (it's not looking good for tomorrow either, so wish me luck). So, I basically danced in and out of cold water for the sake of cleanliness. Super fun. Then I had my first encounter with a french press! I need coffee to survive, and there aren't any coffee pots in the flat. So, french press! My attempt was pretty successful, and I now can have coffee! Yay!

Sarah and I wandered around the Glasgow campus for a while, attempting to find where our classes might be... We weren't very successful in that we didn't actually find a single one, but we got a feel for things and we think we found where most of the buildings are....  Fingers crossed. We wandered until we were a little turned around, but still pretty confident that we could find our way back. We found a little trail that looked nice, and carefully made our way along it. I say carefully because the ground was covered in leaves and they were all soaked. So, slippery and muddy trail, but really not all that bad.




It was really pretty, and ended up putting us out by the Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum! Surprisingly, it was open! We had figured it would be closed since it was Sunday, but we lucked out. We spent about an hour wandering, and ran into one of the friends we had made a few days prior. She's from Germany! She joined us for the rest of our museum wanderings. At 3, there was an organ recital - it was sooooo cool. I never realized how complex an organ is to play...





After the museum, the three of us headed back out into the Scottish weather to walk back to our temporary homes. After we parted, I spent the rest of the evening attempting to catch up to Sarah on Doctor Who. I watched four whole episodes, each ripping my heart out more than the last. I talked to Garret, Olivia, and Allison a little over Facebook chat (I miss you guyssss) and then spent over an hour attempting to put my class times into my iCal (my MacBook's calendar). It took forever due to the chaos that is organic chemistry... unlike at CNU, each week is a little different for me here. I got so confused trying to input the times, but I think I figured it out. Hopefully.

Now, I'm off to bed! My only class tomorrow is at noon, but I'd like to be up by ten... we'll see how that goes.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment