Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day 2: Wanderings and New People

I'm a little less motivated since I just cranked out my first blog post, but I will try my best to make this a good one before I head to bed :)

Simply put, today was better than yesterday. I woke up at 8:55 on the dot without my alarm, but waited until like 9:15 to actually get up. I showered, and then headed out with my roommate Audra to grab Sarah and to meet some of Audra's friends from her home university. We also picked up two other study abroaders - every one is really nice and I'm so glad to know some people now. We walked a little to a coffee shop named Offshore - it was really cute and had comfy seating. We had some easy breakfast food and I tried a mint hot chocolate - delish. The pricing for a bagel and the hot cocoa was a little less than £6, (that's about $9) so not super cheap, but not terrible either.

We (all 8 of us) spent the day wandering around Gibson street, and then we ventured further - out to Buchanan street, a shopping area. It's about a two mile walk, so it should have taken us about a half an hour.. it took us longer than that. We got a little turned around, and made a few stops along the way (including a nice chat with an older Scottish man - he kept asking us questions about important people that we didn't now.. then he said Al Gore and we got really excited because we know him! yeah! He chuckled at that). It was drizzly and occasionally slightly windy, but not too bad at all. I was a good temperature with my long sleeved sweater, CNU sweatshirt, and light rain jacket - after the morning, I even had to stick my sweatshirt in my backpack. When we finally got to the beginning of the shopping area, we hit up a couple of shops in search of shower shoes and towels, but no luck. We made it to Buchanan Galleries (the mall) and were successful there :) We stopped at the food court in the mall for lunch, and did some minor shopping for the essentials, then decided to head back. We had dinner at a really nice (but still cheap - around £5 a person entrees) Spanish (not Mexican) restaurant, and then sat in a pub for a little and chatted/struggled to get SIM cards to work. We then decided to part for the night for some down time, and so here I am, blogging and social media-ing! I'm now gonna take a quick shower, and then head to bed. Orientation starts tomorrow, so we all want to be well-rested.

More on our adventures soon! Nothing too crazy has happened yet, sorry to be a let down.. We'll look for more exciting outings in the future :)

xoxo
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment