Sunday, May 5, 2013

SPRING BREAK 2013 Pt. 2b: Days 5 & 6 of London, England

London continued: Harry Potter Studio, Windsor, Stonehenge, and Bath!

Day 5 - Monday, 5 April
So the 5th of April was one of the best days of my life. On this day, Sarah and I went to Leavesden in London, to the Warner Bros. Studio Tour.

We spent from 10:30 in the morning to after 6 in the evening here. Why is this place so important, you ask? Well let me tell you - it's the location of the Harry Potter filming studios, where the movies were filmed and a large portion of the props reside. It was amazing. Harry Potter is so important to me (as anyone who knows me can attest), so I was essentially walking on air the entire time. I was so overwhelmed with my excitement and wonder and just my love for everything Potter that I never wanted to leave!

I took over 500 photos that day... So I don't even know where to start to show you the Studios... Here are a few pictures that I picked out to try and give you a sense of where Sarah and I spent the day:

The Great Hall


Gryffindor Common Room

Dumbledore's Office


MY LOVE

Entrance to the Chamber of Secrets (left) and the inside of  a Gringotts Bank vault door (right)

The Burrow, showing Fred and George's outfits

#4 Privet Drive

Ford Anglia

:(

Selfie in Diagon Alley

Hogwarts model

After sadly leaving the Studios, we were going to try and make it to Abbey Road. But, we were exhausted and weren't even 100% positive how to get there, so we decided to just call it a day.

I may have spent a little bit too much money in the gift shop but I am not even sorry.


Day 6 - Tuesday, 6 April
On Tuesday, we had booked a tour that would take us to Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath! It was so cool! We were on a bus tour with some thirty others and a really cool tour guide. Windsor was really nice - we walked around in the drizzling rain and got to see the beautiful castle. The Queen was actually at Windsor while we were there! Unfortunately we didn't see her.... sigh.



Stonehenge was SO COOL. I was really excited to see it - easily what I was most excited for out of the day trip. I am fascinated by the mystery that surrounds Stonehenge, and I was absolutely blown away to be able to see, in person, a landmark that I've heard about my entire life.



Finally, the last stop of the day was Bath. We bought tickets to go inside to see the Roman baths - again, so cool. 















No comments:

Post a Comment